Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 10 Signs Of Life

Today I finally got a small glimmer that this transplant is working - my CBC this morning reported 100 white blood cells! I'm very proud of those one hundred cells.

That was basically the only good news of the day. This morning I finally decided to take action against my hair which had been deserting me at an alarming rate. I asked my 'Patient Care Assistant' to get a razor and shave it all off - so now I'm living the cancer survivors dream of a completely bald head. I must say though, tonight as I was roaming the halls I ran into a fellow patient who complemented me on the bald look so at least a complete stranger thinks it looks good.

Most of the day was spent battling a fever. It just did not want to go away. So far no tests have indicated a source for the fever so I just keep taking all kinds of antibiotics and hope for the best. I've also been dealing with a rash that developed around my central line bandage and seems to have spread but we don't know if it's also associated with some of the medicine that I'm taking. Poor Carey thought that she'd have a fun time chatting with me all day but I basically slept the whole time so she was pretty bored.

Hopefully the fever and the rashes will be going away soon and my numbers will continue going up. Who knows, maybe I'll be ready to leave this place early next week!

Obligatory Goofy Picture

2 comments:

  1. Love obligatory silly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really thought this, but you look like Dad in this photo!! Hope those white blood cells keep multiplying in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete